I got all excited about what I would find when I Googled myself for the first time! Sadly, nothing juicy. Although that’s likely a good thing. All I found was my Facebook profile and hundreds of other Jackie Turner Facebook profiles. Boy, are there a lot of Jackie Turners out there! I spent some time on my Facebook timeline and deleted any photos where I had a glass of wine in my hand, and the odd snarky comment, but that was the worst of it! I’m not very active (or political) on Facebook so it’s mostly me just reposting artsy-fartsy type things that I think are cute.

Valerie mentioned that creating a positive digital presence is better than no digital presence at all and so I joined Twitter and set up a profile that I will only be using for professional purposes. I found it interesting how it instantly started figuring out who I am with various promoted material. Kind of icky. I’m going to set up TweetDeck next so I can just look at hashtags of interest to me instead of falling into the endless scroll.

@MsJackieTurner

@MsJackieTurner

I met with Luke today and we went over Trello, which looks nice and easy to use. I’m still one of those few who has a written diary that I jot things down in to keep my head straight, so I will likely keep using that, but I do like the sharing functions that Trello has.

Photo by Daniel Romero on Unsplash